Anne B. Miller
Anne is the Managing Partner of FMPC, , providing legal expertise in mediation, estate planning, corporate, restructuring, real estate, elder care and family law mediation matters. She is a recognized legal expert, with extensive experience and a proven track record in all aspects of fiduciary services, including complex claims reconciliation, as well as preference and fraudulent conveyance analysis, with specific expertise in resolving tax and medical provider claims.
Anne formerly was the Executive Director of Novare, Inc. (a/k/a Bankruptcy Advisory Services), a nationally recognized bankruptcy advisory services firm. Her responsibilities as Director included being responsible for day-to-day operations of the business, as well as contributing substantially to every case. This work included overseeing the claims reconciliation process for a chain of Catholic medical centers in New York, and preference litigation on behalf of Wickes, Inc. Other cases of note include: United Air Lines, Northwestern Air Lines, Wickes Furniture, Wickes Lumber, Atchison Casting Corporation, Goss Graphics Systems, Inc., and Northwestern Steel and Wire. Prior to joining Novare, Anne had a private law practice concentrating on general law and mediation.
- Complex Commercial Bankruptcy
- Preference Analysis
- Dispute Resolution
- Elder Care Matters, Including Long Term Care and Guardianships
- Strategic Planning in Estate Matters
- Legal and Financial Advisor for Plans of Liquidation
- Trust Mortgages
- Transactional Advisory
Anne is licensed in Illinois, the Northern District of Illinois, Southern District of Indiana, and Western District of Missouri.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
Anne received her B.A. from DePaul University, and continued her post graduate studies culminating in being awarded her J.D. from DePaul University. She has completed a post J.D. Mediation program at DePaul University and has recently continued expanding her areas of expertise by completing her L.LM. in Taxation through Villanova University. This allows FMPC to further expand its services by providing detailed legal tax services for its corporate, estate and individual clients.
Leadership and Honors
Past Chair of the American Bankruptcy Institute’s Central States Bankruptcy Workshop Advisory Board.
Civic Activities and Interests
Anne’s passions extend beyond her professional interests. She offers her time and talents to many civic organizations in her community:
- Current President of the Board of Education for Community Unit School District 300 since 2011; Secretary from 1999 to 2011; first elected to the Board in 1997
- Current Chairperson of the Board of Directors for JourneyCare Hospice, one of the largest not-for-profit elder care hospice agencies in the United States; on the Board in various leadership roles since 2003.
- Current coordinator for the McHenry County Peer Jury Program, a youth court program based on the principles of balanced and restorative justice
- Current Member of both the Illinois and National Association of School Boards